The lockdown and quarantine have forced one to scroll himself into the security of four walls of his home, which has been an extraordinary task for humanity. And that’s why the Kalyan Media Cell introduces its new initiative, under the banner of the Catholic Focus, Dio F’esta- Talents Unmasked.
Dio F’esta is a first of its own kind in the world of the online fest, which will have 39 competitions over the span of 30 days.
WHAT IS IT?
Dio F’esta – Talents Unmasked is a virtual cultural fest (on the internet) for the faithful of the Eparchy Kalyan, to showcase their talents by making the best use of virtual technology, to be indulged in the communitarian aspects.
As 2020 has been intended to celebrate as the year of Media and Communication, this would help the faithful to get enlightened the importance of media in one’s life.
WHY Dio F’esta?
The specialty of the Kalyan Eparchy is that the faithful used to have live competitions and events at Diocesan, Forane, and Parish levels. But due to the pandemic, such events aren’t possible. Here Dio F’esta gives them a chance to participate and build up their motivation and talents. It’s a fest where people of all ages and talents can participate. The events categorized for all age groups. Dio F’esta stands as the connecting link among the faithful of the Eparchy of Kalyan. Further, it brings the faithful under a common umbrella of love and prayer.
HOW IS IT?
This festival would be having 16 events over 30days and the contest would be running on social media like YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram of Catholic Focus and a few live events through Google meet/Zoom meets. This Festival will be having 3 talent Categories with 16 Events over 8 age criteria (for the convenience of participation for mostly everyone.)
AGE CRITERIA ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- (A) 2 – 5 yrs
- (B) 6 – 9 yrs
- (C) 10 – 13 yrs
- (D) 14 – 17 yrs
- (E) 18 – 30 yrs
- (F) 31 – 59 yrs
- (G) 60 n Above
- (H) Open
GENERAL GUIDELINES OF THE FEST:
- Every individual event shall have its own rules, regulations, and criteria with respect to judging.
- The participants will receive a chest no. within 3 days from the date of their registration after verifying the payment status.
- For online contests, materials would be published individually for a stipulated time, i.e. 12 hrs, which will be informed prior.
- For online events, only the Likes earned on the post will be counted for the judgment. Please note that the overall views on the videos and comments dropped won’t be counted.
- The decisions of the organizers would be final. Grievances should be escalated only via emails within 24 hours of the conduction of the event.
- By any chance, if aSocial Media handle (Instagram, Facebook, or YouTube page of the Catholic Focus) faces any technical issues during the contest, the respective event would be discarded from that particular platform, and the other two handles would be considered.JUDGING CRITERIA FOR THE ONLINE CONTEST:
- Round 1: Top 10 would be selected on the basis of 2 criteria:
- 5 on the qualitative contents selected by a Special Jury committee.
- 5 on the basis of top social media likes (YouTube, Facebook & Instagram handles of Catholic Focus).
Round 2: These top 10 performers would be then judged by the prominent people belonging to the field.
(Note: They won’t be from our Diocese.)
BEST PARISH AWARD:
The best parish award shall be divided into 3 categories. One parish from each category shall be given the BEST PARISH AWARD.
Categories are as follows:
- GROUP A: Parishes with less than 100 families.
- GROUP B: Parishes with 100 up to 200 families.
- GROUP C: Parishes with more than 200 families.
Registration ends on the 26th of July, 2020. Google form Link: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSerTZgqIXTQzbnAusAS6x2Nk6YzI_KzjL_XMBPTUuqoAMuqnw/viewform?usp=sf_link