Archbishop of Thiruvananthapuram, the Latin Archdiocese of Thiruvananthapuram, celebrated the Golden Jubilee of the priesthood earlier in December. The Golden Jubilee Celebration was the only sacrificial offering at St. Joseph’s Cathedral, Palayam. God had great plans for Suspakyam, the son of fisherman Maria Kalista’s and housewife Thresiyamma, who was living amidst the shortage of Marthandaam, a coastal village in Tamil Nadu.

He attended the Seminary in 1958 after graduating from high school. The priesthood was received from Peter Bernard Pereira. He was an ordinary clergyman who was noted for his simplicity, modesty and obedience. But God took him to the big responsibilities. Pope John Paul II celebrated twenty years of priestly service on December 2, 1989. He was appointed the successor Bishop of Thiruvananthapuram Diocese.
He was ordained bishop on February 2, 1990. On 31 January of the following year, he became bishop of the diocese. He was elevated as Archbishop of Thiruvananthapuram on June 23, 2004, after being made Archbishop of Thiruvananthapuram. His strong stand against alcohol and drugs has been a source of comfort to thousands of women and children. Suspicion is only through one’s intervention. He dealt with gentle words in the language of love to the area where the administration was afraid to even approach it.

This was the beloved archbishop of the coast, who had rushed to the shore with relief when Hurricane Aoki struck two years ago. He organized a massive rally against the government’s neglect and announced his own package for the victims of the disaster. Even today, the benefits of the package are available to the Oakhi victims. Even after the recent arrival of Vizhinjam International Port, the impact of the harbor has been studied and released. His contention is that the fishermen in the region should be given some degree of justice after the concerns of the fishermen that the construction of the Vizhinjam port has to begin.

To his surprise, he returned to the private hospital in Thiruvananthapuram for three weeks due to fever. Upon his arrival in the Vatican, he was admitted to the Jubilee Hospital with fever, infection, and shortness of breath. Although he was still in critical condition, he reverted back to his ministry life, completely reversing doctors’ calculations.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here